Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario 64

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Jun 23, 1996

Super Mario 64 takes the Mario franchise into polygonal worlds, setting numerous standards for 3D game design along the way.

I do not have the same opinion of Mario 64 :(

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RJay_64
    Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 34

#2  Edited By Junior_AIN

Why would anyone hate you? Just because you have an opinion that differs from the majority of people? I found you review good, you spoke the facts which led you into thinking that way about the game, though I completely disagree, I still respect your opinion. Surprise see you mentioning the GameCube controller being good to control in SM64, so far every Nintendo 64 game I've tried with the GameCube controller have failed me, it wasn't many though, maybe I got the wrong idea at first.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By SonicFire

Well, you are of course entitled to your opinion. At the same time, it's impossible to review such an old game from modern eyes and capture what was so magical about it at the time. Yes, there are a lot of games that do not hold up now, but were amazing when they were released, Mario 64 is one such title. Basically, when it came out, there was nothing remotely like it. I was maybe only 13 or 14 at the time, but it was something special.  

That said, there are many games that I'd recommend not going back to, in order to not ruin the memory of it. A lot of beat-em-ups fall into this category.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.